Mad River Lodge, located in the heart of the Mad River Valley, warmly welcomes all guests. So all guests can enjoy our Green Mountain Vermont lodge, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property for those with disabilities.
- Our Simple ADA Room was constructed especially for individuals with special needs. To help make your stay safe and comfortable, this room features wider doorways and hallways to accommodate free flowing wheelchair accessibility. It is located on the first floor and offers a private bathroom with a roll-in shower, grab bars in the shower and toilet area, hand held shower head, and roll under vanity. This room also features a lower mattress and strobe light on smoke detectors.
For those with limited disability:
- Rooms 14-19, located on the second floor accessible by elevator, offer tub/shower combos.
- Rooms 20-22 require the navigation of 12 steps to the room entrances from the main lobby floor.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit The Mad River Lodge can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (802) 400-2390 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.